Saturday, May 5, 2012

Video - Pea Shoot Salad with White Wine Vinaigrette

This video from Grow, Cook, Eat (fast becoming one of my favorite video series!) demonstrates how to use pea shoots (something I've never eaten before) from your organic garden to make this delicious spring treat. (Note: You shouldn't make this salad from non-organic ingredients, since you're eating some of the leaves of the plant. Hopefully you're already gardening organically anyway though!)

I've never thought of eating pea shoots before, but this just goes to show how versatile the plants in your garden really are, and how many great ways there are to use them - since I'm actually growing peas this year, I may try this one as I can get to enjoy my peas, even before the pea pods come along! Check it out, and of course feel free to share your own variations in the comments section below.

Grow. Cook. Eat. - Pea Shoots Salad & White Wine
A fresh take on a traditional salad, this recipe incorporates pea shoots and Romano cheese to give vibrant bursts of flavor to an otherwise ordinary dish. Create healthy, wholesome dishes with helpful hints from an organic gardener in this free video...

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your appreciation! I feel very strongly about the plight of our native bees and hope that this blog will help people identify them and want to help save them by growing nectar-rich plants in their gardens.

    Garden centre West Sussex

    ReplyDelete