Saturday, September 10, 2011

Video - The Rise of Community Gardening

Here is a quick and interesting video on the rising popularity of community gardening here in the United States. Community gardens have been a growing trend in many other countries such as Canada and Australia for some time. The concept is really starting to take hold in the US in the past few years, and this short video gives some good examples. Obviously as I shared on Thursday, even in my small suburban neighborhood, we have one now!

I have also shared a few other interesting articles on community gardening below. Check them out, and feel free to share your comments, questions, or community gardening initiatives you are a part of!

Community gardens blossom
The recession and the concern over the environment have sparked a boom in community gardens across the United States. Reuters Fred Katayama reports.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I have a plot in a community garden in Darwin Australia. Our is in the Botanical Gardens, so we get lots of locals and holidayers walking through and asking questions.

    It's a great educational opportunity for them and for us as they share their knowledge too.

    I love being part of a community garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! I think community gardening is such an awesome idea, and I'm so glad it's taking hold here in the US these days. I think you Aussies have been a bit ahead of us there! :-)

    ReplyDelete