Wednesday, May 6, 2015

How Does My Garden Grow...

It's been a long, cool spring, so we've been waiting for weather like this! Once May hit, it was full-speed ahead, with tilling, mulching, and planting waiting to fill our every weekend.

I always like to share some pictures of my garden's progress throughout the season, so here is the first batch of spring garden photos - these were taken last week, so they're already out of date - things grow so fast when it's up in the 50's at night!

My beloved spring bulbs - including new surprises like the white & apricot narcissus which were apparently planted everywhere in the front flower bed before we moved here!
The gorgeous flower bed full of spring bulbs - the first lush and colorful sign of summer, which I look forward to all winter long!
Another bulb picture, but I could not resist the beauty of this stripey tulip!
Our future garden site! (Fencing in progress...)

My mint - which I transplanted and brought with me from my old apartment; after a long cold winter, it is coming back strong!

After losing some to frost :-(  the remaining potatoes are growing like weeds! Seriously - they're bigger every day! This is our first hay-bale gardening experiment, and so far, so good....

Like the potatoes, the peas are visibly growing daily! I have a piece of wire fencing over them to protect them from the deer until the fencing project is complete, but will need to trellis them soon.

Although some of the strawberry blooms got clobbered by frost last week, they are growing strong, covered with buds and new flowers, and I am so excited for strawberries this year!
Tomato, pepper, eggplant, and celery seedlings - growing strong, and awaiting transplanting to their new summer home in a week or so!
There you have it! The start of my garden on the new homestead....

Stay tuned as I update this blog (and our main blog at http://www.newholisticliving.com/blog.html throughout the summer to let you know how our new gardening adventure goes!  And be sure to also Like us on Facebook for more up-to-date pictures throughout the season!



No comments:

Post a Comment